Gastronomic restaurant in Siran
The Chateau de Siran’s table offers generous, friendly and tasty cooking that invites you to discover the authentic flavors of southern France. We like to work with fresh and seasonal ingredients. We make our own pastry, pâte feuilletée, crème brûlée... and change the menus regularly throughout the year to offer you exciting and unique tastes, but in a simple way.
Products of season
Depending on the season, we will propose :
- Green asparagus, Parmesan and Black Mountain ham.
- Medley of melon and Blue Cheese.
- Fresh goat cheese from Combebelle in a flaky pastry.
- Red mullet fillets with candied onion sauce.
- Lollipop of Gambas.
- Tart of small tomatoes, black tapenade and parmesan.
- Scallops with saffron of Bize sauce.
- Foie gras mi-cuit with Muscat jelly.
- Collection’ tomatoes with sauce vierge, Combebelle goat cheese, fresh herbs and parmesan.
Not contractual menus which change daily according to the market.
- Guinea fowl supreme with bacon robe, rosemary, and confit rates.
- Filets of duckling with citrus butter, roasted figs or cherries and blinis or puree of sweet potato.
- Grilled salmon, red butter or wood garlic and black rice.
- Seasonal vegetables and marinated pork cheek in red wine Minervois.
- Shoulder of lamb longly cooked at low temperature with spices and garlic.
- Veal blanquette really slight.
- Navarin with new vegetables.
- Pot-au-feu sour cream of raifort.
Not contractual menus change daily according to the market.
- Crème brûlée with Madagascar vanilla and lavender infusion.
- Strawberry Mille feuilles and white chocolate espuma.
- Rhubarb and orange crumble.
- Chocolate cake with orange tile and avocado cream.
- Soup of strawberries and granita of Saint Jean Muscat.
- Two chocolates mousse.
- Pear poached in Muscat of Saint Jean and almond cream.
- Chocolate profiteroles.
- Fried acacia flowers.
- Homemade ice cream with seasonal fruits.
- And our legendary dessert: vanilla bourbon Success.
Our restaurant is open every evening except Sundays.
The restaurant will be exceptionnaly closed on may 23th
We chose this closing day which allows our guests to go on foot in a brand new small tapas restaurant that has just opened in our small village.
For those who do not want to move we have very good "Petits Plats En Chambre" which will be served to them as they wish: in their room, on the terrace of the garden and if necessary on their own terrace.
One fixed daily menu which change every day at 34 €. Served at 8 or 8.30 pm, depending the season, in one of our dining rooms or in the garden in summer (children's menu under 12 at € 18).
AN IDEA OF OUR WINE LIST.
Our wine list focuses on Minervois wines and spirits. Its great diversity of terroirs and grapes allow winemakers to raise wines in a so particular way :
- some tannic, others silky and very elegant.
- Some on fresh or candied fruit, some floral and other with a nice minerality.
- All, sun-kissed and gourmands.
These wines are from Siran, La Livinière, Azille, Cesseras, Minerve, Feline and Saint Jean de Minervois.
Our wine list also offers spirits produced in a young distillery in Saint Jean de Minervois and in an other very old one in Carcassonne.
For bubbles, we selected a Crémant de Limoux which will give you a delicate sparkling feeling.
You can taste also the Margaux Château Siran.
We got recently the Vignobles & Découvertes label for Pays Minervois, Saint-Chinian, Faugères.
This label guarantees a oenotourist offer specialized services and quality.
If you wish we can make an appointment with the winemakers or plan a workshop to learn how to taste wines of Minervois. For more information please visit the wine index.
A wonderfull breakfast
Breakfast is an unforgettable experience. Sitting comfortably on the terrace, Soumia will serve you the hot drink you have chosen: American coffee, Nespresso, Damman Tea, Valhrona Chocolate. On the buffet you will be served among an important choice:
- Croissants, chocolate breads, grape breads, donuts, pancakes, chouquettes, various breads, brioche, special bread for gluten-free diet ... all cooked for you on the morning in our kitchen,
Apple juice from the small village of Tourouzelle, orange juice,
Dregs and yoghurts of the Combebelle goat farm,
Ripened cheeses, raw ham from Sérano,
Eggs from outdoor chickens,
Cereals, dried fruit, fresh fruit, compotes,
Local artisan jams, honey, butters of Charentes...